Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An email from a soon to be neighbour (published with permission)

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for taking the lead in the blog and putting all efforts in making Sierra Damansara better for living. I should meet you one day. My family and me is the one that signed-off in your blog as “newbie”. We are moving to Sierra Damansara soon. If I may give you my 2 cents worth, maybe the residence are not paying maintenance fee because they do not see the professionalism and value of the guards. The many times I went in & out was really a simple walk thru. Probably the guards are making judgement based on my image of a family and kid in the car thus allowing pass at ease. But really, with so many con-artist out there, we can never be sure. Please don’t take it as I sound too negative about it. Do you think the residence will also be open into looking at re-tendering the security guard contracting as well? I am thinking of asking the security company who provides service to my company to pitch for it. I think the guards are pleasant and had done an excellent job. I think cost will be a factor but I think it’s worth exploring. Anyway, I am supportive of your idea to install CCTV. I think it is excellent. Hope we can get good recommendations from other residences.

Cheers,

LEONG

3 comments:

  1. My name is Hamdan Uda. I have lived for more than one year at Sierra Damansara and so far I found out that the security is quite ok except some times I felt that the some of the guards are tired and bored. I wish they are trained and know how to use their time properly at least keep themselves fit by exercising and not smoking most of their free time.

    Some of my neighbours don't pay because they don't have any responsibilties in paying and expected others to pay for them. These kind of people are every where in Malaysia.

    I have not been active for the last three months because I went for medical treatment and surgery in China and Malaysia for a serious illness. I am recovering gradually now but can not be active like before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hamdan, get well soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Hamdan and these irresponsible people have money to buy a house here but no money to pay for the maintenance fee which is really saddening.

    One more thing Leong, the idea of CCTV is good but we cant really expect for top class security if everyone does not cooperate to pay up for us to employ better krukka guards.

    ReplyDelete